Get Ordained Online today, Officiate Beautiful Weddings in the best destination wedding location– Hawaii!

REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED after getting Ordained! You must provide credentials and at least 2 weeks prior to ceremony to register.

This information is directly from the Hawaii Website :Department of Health – Electronic Registration System (

Effective July 1, 2023 the fee amount and duration of all marriage and civil union performer licenses has been updated to $100.00 USD for a 1-year license and $25.00 USD for a 60-day license per Bill SB1370. This website will be updated October 1, 2023 to reflect these changes. Any current and valid license(s) to perform marriages and/or civil unions will retain their expiration date. The new fee structure will apply when you submit an application for a new license and/or upon renewal.

All marriage and civil union performers must be licensed by the State of Hawaii before performing a marriage or a civil union. This website will help provide you with the information needed to be licensed as a marriage and/or civil union performer.

The Fees are as follows:

Duration of LicenseLicense FeePortal Administration FeeTOTAL
1 Year License$100.00$10.00$110.00
60 Day License$25.00$10.00$35.00

The portal administration fee and license fee will be collected upon completion of your online application. Payment will be accepted with a major credit card. You will get an email receipt of this transaction however it is not confirmation of your approval of your application. Your application will be submitted for review. Upon approval, you will receive another email notification along with your approved license number and an electronic copy of your license. Please register at least two weeks prior to the ceremony date, as your registration could take up to two weeks for approval. There are no refunds after submitting your application.

There are three types of licenses to perform marriages & civil unions in the State of Hawaii. Please click a link below for more information that applies to you or download this Informational Guide. The one in regards to Cibus Mission is the section as follows:
  • Religious

    Religious Marriage Performer / Minister, priest, or officer of any religious denomination or society who has been ordained or is authorized to solemnize marriages according to the usages of such denomination or society, or any religious society not having clergy but providing solemnization in accordance with the rules and customs of that society (HRS §572-12)

    Religious Civil Union Performer Any ordained or licensed member of the clergy (Act 1, section -4(b), Session Laws 2011)

For any person to lawfully marry in the State of Hawaii, a license for that purpose must be obtained from an authorized agent (Section 572-1.7, Hawaii Revised Statutes). Once the license has been issued, there is no waiting period before the marriage can take place.

A marriage license and marriage certificate are different documents. The marriage license permits a marriage to take place. The marriage certificate indicates that a legal marriage has been performed.


1. Complete the online application  click here: and pay the required fee after completing the certification process with CIbus MIssion

  • Please be sure to write down or print your Authorization Code/Locator Identification (ID).

2. Meet with an agent no more/sooner than 30 days prior to your ceremony date. During the meeting the agent will review your application, verify photo IDs and any necessary documentation (certification and Letter of Good Standing should be taken with you), and issue the license.

  • Applicants must appear together in person before an agent prior to the ceremony to pick up their license. Proxies are not allowed.
  • Both applicants must present a valid government issued photo ID (Passport, Driver License, State ID, etc.).

3. Have your official ceremony within 30 days of picking up your license.

  • There is no waiting period before the ceremony can take place.
  • The license is only valid within the State of Hawaii.
  • If the ceremony is not performed within the 30-day period, the license is null and void.


If you are ready to get your Credentials to be a Wedding Minister in Hawaii, please select your option below:

The cost to obtain a marriage or civil union license is $65.00 ($60 application fee + $5 portal fee).  All fees are non-refundable.


  • There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
  • Blood tests are not required.
  • The legal age to enter into a legal marriage or civil union is 18 years old..
  • Proof of age is required.  A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under.  Parental or Guardian consent is required with governmental issued photo identification and documentation of relationship.  For more information regarding applicants under the age of 18, please contact us  click here at:
  • If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death occurred less than 30 days prior to picking up the license.
  • Cousins may marry. However, the blood relationship between the prospective applicants cannot be closer than first cousins.

The main office is located on Oahu at:

Health State Department of Health – Kinau Hale

1250 Punchbowl Street  Room 101

Honolulu, Hawaii  96813

Phone Number:  (808) 586-4544


We are open Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (excluding holidays).  Metered parking is available in front of the building with entry from Punchbowl Street.  Fees (subject to change) are currently $2 per hour (payable by cash or credit card).

Appointment for the Oahu office can be booked online Here (This takes you to the Government site). Must first submit application here. (this takes you to the Government Site).

Verified by MonsterInsights